Information on this page is subject to change. Please check back here regularly for up-to-date information on your local KidsStreet Urgent Care clinic.
Does KidsStreet offer testing for COVID-19?
All of our locations have obtained a limited supply of test collection kits. We will begin testing select patients as of Friday, March 20, 2020.
Who are we testing?
We are providing COVID-19 testing to patients with respiratory symptoms who meet any one or more of the following criteria:
- If you have traveled internationally in the last 14 days; OR
- If anyone you have been in close contact with in the last 14 days has tested positive for COVID-19; OR
- If you are 50 or older; OR
- If you have a severe underlying medical condition (diabetes, heart disease, receiving immunosuppressive medications, chronic lung disease, chronic kidney disease); OR
- If you have a written doctor’s order from your physician
What else do I need to know to prepare for my visit?
If you come to the clinic for a test, please be sure the front desk gives you a face mask immediately. Please put on the facemask as soon as it is handed to you. You wearing a facemask is the best way to limit any transmission.
We will test you for other types of infection first, then we will test for Coronavirus (COVID-19) if you are a candidate. It generally takes 3 days to get a result back. In order to process the test and provide you with results, you will also be required to set up an online patient portal account with us.
We are working to obtain a larger supply of tests. If we do, we will expand the testing criteria and post an update on our Facebook page and website.
Thank you and stay safe!